About the MEAN Stack Training/Internship
The overall aim of the course is to enable you to confidently build all different types of application using the MEAN stack.
To do this, the course is divided into four sections, each section focusing on a different goal. The four sections all work together building a full application, with an overall outcome of showing how to architect and build complete MEAN applications.
The breakdown of sections looks like this:
- By the end of section one you will be able to set up a web-server using Node.js and Express, to listen for requests and return responds.
- By the end of section 2 you will be able to design NoSQL databases and work with MongoDB from the command line and from Node and Express.
- After section 3 you will be able to design and build robust REST APIs using Node.js, Express and MongoDB, following industry best practices.
- By the end of section four you will be able to build high quality AngularJS single page applications (SPAs), following industry best practices.
- When you have finished with section five you will able to add authentication to the MEAN stack, enabling users to log in and manage sessions.
What are the requirements?
- You will need a text editor (like Sublime Text) or IDE (like Webstorm)
- You will need a computer on which you have the rights to install new software
What am I going to get from this course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Architect MEAN stack applications from scratch
- Design and build RESTful APIs using Node.js, Express and MongoDB
- Create and use MongoDB databases
- Develop modular, maintainable Single Page Applications using AngularJS
With this course you will also get:
- Five tests with a whole bunch of questions about all of the technologies
- 3 Live Project
- A discussion forum where you can ask questions if you get stuck or something doesn’t work
- Links to download the source code and a GitHub repo
- Several activities to complete
- A certificate of completion when you’ve done all of the sections and passed all of the tests
What is the target audience?